Thursday 18 October 2012

Ruka & Reina Alfrey

Thursday 18 October 2012


Tools: 0.35 & 0.7 Mechanical pencil for lineart, Adobe Photoshop CS5 for colouring, Wacom tablet
Stocks: Sakura brushes from ~pigmonkeynsuzi
DeviantART: reysuke-chan.deviantart.com/art/OC-Ruka-Reina-Alfrey-333002052


These two are my original characters, The Alfrey sistersRuka (left) and Reina (right). They're twins, and they have a younger sister, Rika; but I will introduce her later in another drawing. I haven't finished writing their profiles; I will publish it later when I do. :)

I'm proud to say that my CG skill has improved a bit since the last time I did the disastrous piece months ago. Yay! :D I'm still learning how to choose the perfect colours, and the shading is still messy but yeah, I'm still learning. As for the background and the patterns, I can only say that I really suck in doing them but thanks to ~pigmonkeynsuzi's brushes, I'm able to come out with a decent piece. Anyway, overall I am quite satisfied with this artwork eventhough it has a lot of flaws. I think it's the best digital illustration I've done so far. :)

On another note, I just finished watching the anime Guilty Crown recently and I was just astonished by Redjuice's magnificent, beautiful artworks; so I'm gonna try my best in perfecting my CG skill, hoping that someday I could become as amazing as him. :)

Gambarimasu!