Saturday 1 June 2013

Me, Illustrated 2

Saturday 1 June 2013


Tools: Smooth A4 paper, charcoal, graphite pencils
DeviantART: reysuke-chan.deviantart.com/art/Me-Illustrated-2-377222179


First time using charcoal! I realized 8B graphite wasn't 'black' enough so I decided to try out charcoal. It wasn't really easy using it because it gets so messy, but I like how it made the drawing stands out because of how pigmented it is compared to graphite.

The clear mistake I made here is that I used a hot pressed paper (smooth) instead of cold pressed ones (textured). Well I was using graphite and only changed to charcoal halfway through it. Looks like I have to get myself a new sketchbook with textured papers, since I'm so used to buying the smooth papered ones.

The first Me, Illustrated (also my first portrait drawing): reyshakamal.com/2012/02/me-illustrated.html