Monday 3 June 2013

A Pop of Hitomi

Monday 3 June 2013
A friend of mine gave me a blank artist canvas, asking me to paint something for him. I deliberately accepted it because I had never painted on a canvas before so I took the chance. I was so excited to try it out!

I already had the idea to paint one of my quite-known original character, Hitomi. It took me a while to figure out what kind of painting I should do until I decided to do a pop-art-ish kind of painting.



Tools: Acrylic paint on canvas
Size: I forgot the exact measurement of the canvas but it's somewhere a little larger than A2


It took me almost a year to finish it up. Lol! Technically it didn't exactly take that long to paint it; probably only a week from the accumulated days. I was short of tools plus, I started college when I was halfway done with the painting so I had to put the painting on hold for a looong time because I got so busy with my studies.

Overall, even if the quality of the painting is quite poor, I am quite contented with the final product. It is my very first canvas painting after all and I am never exactly good with traditional media. I wish I had more pretty acrylic colors to work with (I kinda dislike mixing the colours) and proper tools. Nevertheless, I enjoy doing it and I wish to do more canvas painting in the future whilst sharpening my traditional media skill.

The painting had already been sent to my friend and I'm glad that he loved the painting. :D I actually enjoyed doing this so much that I'm even considering giving away free canvas painting to those who appreciate newbie artworks. :)