Wednesday 13 May 2015

Progress Chart; I'm Back! (For Awhile)

Wednesday 13 May 2015
Update on life:

Wow, I can't believe how long has it been since my last update! I had just finished my fifth semester in college and currently having my semester break for a short while before the next and final semester starts. (Yay, graduating soon!) Last semester was really hectic — juggling between studies, projects, my responsibilities as the class representative and also as the Vice-President of the architecture club — that I barely had any time to draw anything. :( My life was a mess! Yikes. Guess I still have a lot to learn before I could manage everything on my own.

I know that I shouldn't take on too many things on my hands; some people even complained that I handled too many things, but somehow they refuse to understand. For me, I believe that I'm at the point where I have to take on whatever opportunities that appear at my eyes. Honestly, I consider myself to be very flawed. I'm not as bright as other students in my class, or in the whole department. Heck, my pointer keeps dropping each semester. Hence, zero self confidence. I get anxious thinking how I won't be able to go anywhere in life, so I'm doing everything I can to take on any opportunities that are thrown my way; no matter how little and trivial it is. In the end, it's all about gaining experience and training yourself to become more refined.

Gain experience, learn from mistakes.

I think that's about it on my rant. Thanks for reading lol. :-*

* * * * * * * * * *

I wish I could post a new artwork after five months of hiatus, but unfortunately, demotivation and art block are stopping me from doing so. ._. Despite this, I couldn't just leave my blog un-updated for so long. For the time being, I'm going to do a progress chart of my artworks from the last seven years.



Click for larger view.

Here's a progress of my artwork from 2008 until 2014. If you noticed, 2009 isn't listed, because I went on a hiatus for the whole year. Let's just say I was going through a phase that time, lol!

2008:
This is the year I started learning how to digitally paint in Adobe Photoshop, using just a mouse. I learned through various tutorials I found on DeviantART. Back then I didn't know of pen tablets.

2010:
After a long hiatus in 2009, I started drawing again in 2010. I did mostly traditional drawings. By the end of the year, I bought my first pen tablet – a Wacom Bamboo. I still use it till now. The last picture was the first artwork I did using the pen tablet.

2011:
I was still getting a hang of using the tablet. I also learned how to do watercolour painting. Took a short art class for SPM visual art paper, which taught me how to paint traditionally.

2012:
Made my first traditional portrait drawing, while working on my digital painting skill. Was struggling on the shading part.

2013:
Tried drawing wildlife. Experimented with different concept. Still struggling with shading and figuring out my drawing style.

2014:
Started getting into semi-realism. Will be sticking to this style for a while.

So that sums up my artwork progress for the last seven years. If I must compare myself to others, my progress is really slow. Probably due to the fact that I lack practice. ;v; Gotta work harder if I want to be like my husband Redjuice.

Gambarimasu!

My older drawings (around 2008) are still viewable online at my old DeviantART gallery if anyone's interested. Do visit reysha.deviantart.com.