Thursday 7 January 2016

Cherry-stained Lips

Thursday 7 January 2016

Progress shot




Started with a sketch. I had each part (face, hair, hand, cherry) on separate layers so I can easily adjust the position later. Different colours to represent different parts. The shading was done in a single layer for each part.

I put on a base skin colour for the face and neck on a new layer beneath the sketch layer. Did the skin shading on the same layer and continued with the lips on nose, all on the same layer. Then, I started working on the hand on a new layer and adjusted the position to my liking. Continued with the hair, on a different layer too. I discarded the braid and let the hair loose. (Last picture is desaturated on purpose.)

Added the cherry as the finishing touch, adjusted the levels and hues 'til I'm satisfied, and voila!

End product


I'd smother your face with my cherry-stained lips. :-*



Tools: Adobe Photoshop, Wacom tablet
DeviantART: Cherry-stained Lips


My very first artwork in 2016, yay! :D

* * * * *

Happy new year! I wish everyone a blessed and blissful year ahead. ♥

My new year's resolution? Honestly I'm not really into this whole new year's resolution thing. I mean, as I get older, I realized that the first day of a new year is just the same as the rest of the year. I can just set my resolution any time of the year. Haha. But, if I were to set some, I'd say eat healthier, be more productive and less paper waste (go green!). ;)