Friday 19 February 2016

Cho

Friday 19 February 2016
“I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free.”

– Charles Dickens



Tools: Acrylic on canvas
Canvas size: 11" x 14"


(Note: The beautiful small A5 art print on the cork board beside the canvas is an illustration done by one of my favourite digital artists – kiDChan.)

I had kept this canvas for so long on the shelves, unfinished. Nearly two years. Procrastination at its best! I had been incessantly working on my computer for awhile when I caught myself a flu and refused to stare at the screen for another day. So I finally took out my painting tools and finish it up.



I've had several experiences working with acrylic but this is actually the first time I've ever done a semi-realism portrait using this medium. Second time with canvas painting. I honestly didn't know what to expect at first but I'm glad the end product turned out well for me. Still need to work on my skills though.



Nowadays I'm more into digital painting compared to traditional but once I've picked up my brushes, I thought I should do it more often! Though once I'm done and had to clean up, that's where I hesitate. Pressing 'Cmd+S' and 'Cmd+Q' on my Mac are a lot less hassling than having to clean the brushes and palettes. Not to mention mixing and matching the colours take some effort. Capital L lazy!