Wednesday 16 January 2013

Bloodthirsty Shiru

Wednesday 16 January 2013


Tools used: Sketching pencils, 0.3 Uni Pin graphic pen, A3 drawing paper

This is a drawing I made for the subject Architecture Graphics Presentation in college, where I had to do a movie poster for our typography assignment.

I got the inspiration to draw this from Redjuice and Shirow Miwa. I know it doesn't look like any of their styles at all but when I drew this I was thinking of both illustrators heh. As you can see, I made the poster all about Redjuice. Haha. The movie is entitled 'Redjuice' and the main character is named 'Shiru', which is another alias for Redjuice. And the release date for the movie is on Redjuice's birthday — 16th May. I also put Redjuice's real name as the director, and 'Supercell', which is a group that Redjuice works under becomes the film producer. :)

I used one of Redjuice's drawing to draw her clothes because I don't really know how would a shooter's clothes usually look like. I screwed up with the proportion of the weapon, I know. It ended up being smaller. I'm not really used to drawing weapons anyway. I'll try to improve. ^_^"

'Redjuice' is about a 17-year-old girl named Shiru, whom despite her gender and young age is a bloodthirsty prodigy sniper, whom is infamous in battlefields and whom name ignites terror when mentioned. 'Redjuice' refers to the red-coloured liquid called blood.

I'm getting to really like this character I drew so I was thinking of making her one of my official original characters. :3

P.S: Not trying to plagiarize Redjuice's name or anything because this is only a college assignment and I only happen to be a huge fan of Redjuice. ;)