Wednesday 12 June 2013

Canon PS SX50 HS

Wednesday 12 June 2013


*Picture courtesy of Canon's website.

I recently acquired a new toy for myself — a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS digital camera. I actually wanted a DSLR but this'll do for now. :) This would be my second camera I have ever gotten for myself. The first one was a measly 4.1MP point-and-shoot Nikon digital camera I got in 2006. Lol! After that I've been using my family and friends' DSLRs, which are mostly Canon. Most of the time I use my iPhone 4 5MP camera to take simple photos.

Canon has always been my favourite brand for cameras. I don't think I will ever buy other brands especially for DSLRs because I'm so used to Canon cameras. I'm still a newbie photographer actually but I really do enjoy taking pictures and wish to master the DSLR so I could take nice pictures like my favourite photographers, Zhang Jingna and Tricia Gosingtian. Even both of them use Canon! :D

On to the Canon PS SX50 HS, this camera is pretty impressive. One thing that caught my interest is the zoom capabilities. This camera has a whopping 50x optical zoom that can reach up to 1200mm. I decided to try it out and see how far I am able to zoom in to a certain subject. I chose a scenery just outside my window to test it out.

*Photoshop used for colour adjustments.



I'll be zooming in at these two spots: a tree at a couple of houses away from mine and at the antenna tower on a nearby hill. The shots are taken right from my window. I'll be zooming in at 200x (the furthest).



This is the tree that has been zoomed in at 200x. I'm suprised how clear the picture turned out to be!



And this is the antenna tower that has also been zoomed in at 200x. Really impressive! Now my head is filled with crazy thoughts about stalking people from 5km away. Haha! Just kidding. :P

So far, I'm very contented with my new toy. It's easy to use, lightweight, has superb zoom capabilities and great image quality. :)