Wednesday 17 July 2013

Melisandre?

Wednesday 17 July 2013


Current work-in-progress. This is one of my original characters, Scarlet Roku. I am planning to use this artwork as the official artwork of her when I officially introduce her.

I've been working on this one for a very long time now. Mainly because I decided to take an approach to a more realistic style of CG-ing so it's taking more effort than the usual (aside from being so busy as an Architecture student). Doing the hair only took up a tremendous amount of time since I did it strand by strand. Not sure if the details are noticeable to the others though.

I know the details aren't that great but I'm still learning!

I realized that all of my works don't bear a similar style because as an artist who's still learning, it's hard for me to stick to one style because I keep trying to experiment with different methods each time I do my work. I hope that someday I would develop my own distinctive style that people are able to recognize upon the first look. :)

Anyway, I've been into watching the series Games of Thrones recently and my friend told me that this character of mine looks like Melisandre, the red priestess from the series. I just realized it! Haha. Obviously it's because of her red hair and red getup that are very similar to Melisandre's.

I don't think I can finish this artwork in the near future but I can't wait to finish it up and finally post it! :)